James and Alice established Elm Lane International Holdings Inc (E.L.I.Holdings), specialising in providing trade, consultancy and education services throughout the UK and China
E.L.I.Holdings established an associative relationship with King & Wood (Asia's largest law firm), which remains a long-standing and increasingly strengthening partnership.
E.L.I.Holdings assisted the development of Loncin’s (manufacturer and financial services company) international strategy and helped Loncin create lasting partnerships in Europe and North America.
E.L.I.Holdings conducted a feasibility study for Wu Zhou, a subsidiary of Sichuan Changhong Electronics Company, for the company’s entry into the European market.
E.L.I.Holdings provided consulting services to Tuo Pai Spirit Comanpy to produce whisky in China.
E.L.I.Holdings formed the Care Pet Food company, China’s largest domestic pet food producer, a joint venture with the Tongwei Group, the second largest private enterprise in China.
- E.L.I.Holdings set up a UK university International Foundation Programme within Beijing No.80 High school.
- E.L.I.Holdings assisted various universities from the Wales International Consortium to recruit students from China.
E.L.I.Holdings negotiated the successful purchase of UK listed company Manganese Bronze: owners of London Black cabs, by Geely Group, a Shanghai based auto manufacturer. The agreement went on to conclude the purchase of Volvo by Geely.
E.L.I. Holdings was instrumental in helping Geely Group in its acquisition of the Volvo Car Company from Ford Motor Company in a US$1.8 billion buyout.
- E.L.I.represented the European Tour to achieve a sponsorship program in China, and successfully worked with CITIC to sponsor the Hong Kong Open.
- James purchased the house in Brixton,London in which Vincent Van Gogh lived in as a young 20 year old man. A collaboration with world-renowned arts organisation 'Art Angel' led to an internationally acclaimed art installation being exhibited in the house.
- ELM Education spnsored the Wells Cathedral Choir Tour to Beijing with other young musicians from Dulwich College International.
- E.L.I. represented Sunseeker in the early stage of their cooperation with China, Sunseeker was taken through various potential business models and potential clients. Eventually Wan Da invested millions of pounds to purchase Sunseeker.
E.L.I.Holdings sister company-ELM Education and UK Thames Educatiion merge to provide increased education related programmes and services.